Wilkie House

Post here anything relating to the 2013 Free Fringe; show share, accommodation share, issues, other ways of helping the team

Wilkie House

Postby Alistair Barrie » 22 May 2013, 12:49

Hello good people,

Just trying to sort out some Chortle listings confusion, and do not wish to disturb PBH.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/venues/34/scot ... lkie_house

I'm on at Wilkie House at 20:30, Ben Norris is there before me, Christian Reilly and Yianni are on earlier in the day. So far only Yianni is listed, but so are Paul F Taylor and Neal Portenza, at times that clash with each other, and my show. I thought there was only one room at the venue. Can anyone help clear this up?

Cheers
Al
Alistair Barrie

Re: Wilkie House

Postby PBH » 22 May 2013, 19:16

No, it's OK, I'll take this.

There are no clashes, so rest easy.

However, the complexity is potentially great.

Wilkie House, where you are, Alistair, is on Cowgate and is the venue formerly known as Sin Club and Lounge.

There is also Wilkie House Upstairs, which is on Guthrie Street and is the venue formerly known as GRV. There are four performance spaces in that, designated with little imagination 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Wilkie House and Wilke House Upstairs are in fact the same building, which like many Old Town venues is on several levels. However, there is no access to Wilkie House Upstairs through Wilkie House, at least not for the public.

If there appears to be any clash, it will be due to listings being confused between Wilkie House and Wilkie House Upstairs. I do not know where these listings on Chortle have come from, but they have not come from us. When the time is right, we shall give Chortle and the press a full listing of our programme. So far we have sent no listings to Chortle, and until the blurbs and final titles are all in we will not do so.

To add to the complication, I heard yesterday that the premises will be renamed again, to The Dram. The Fringe Programme is at the printers and cannot be changed. We may, however, change the Free Fringe Programme. I hope to be speaking to the owners of this important venue next week.

I hope this is clearer.
PBH
Site Admin

Postby Alistair Barrie » 29 May 2013, 12:54

Thanks Peter. Was just a little confused about address for my poster. Not to mention punters...

Best
Al
Alistair Barrie

Postby Tom Hensby » 29 May 2013, 13:38

Hi everyone,

I'm booked in to the Wilkie House Upstairs space 1, which I'm very excited about. I'm in the Edinburgh area today and was going to take a trip down there and have a look at the space. Does anyone have a contact or number of someone who might be able to let me in to have a look?

Cheers,

Tom
07989 534554
Tom Hensby

Return to 2013 Free Fringe