22:10 Bell End and Sebastian

Postby alcowie » 07 Nov 2011, 12:47

The venue - what sort of venue is it? Pub, Bar, Club, Restaurant... What sort of clientèle normally frequent this venue
Cocktail bar. Young crowd.

The performance area - stage, separate room, open air?
Backroom. No stage. Well set up this year, with 3 tiers of chairs, making the room intimate.

The team of staff at the venue - did they assist the shows? Did the show get in the way of the normal business etc?
Lovely friendly staff, always willing to help.

How you advertised your show - Fringe brochure, flyering, posters, word of mouth etc
Free Fringe brochure, flyering, word of mouth and flyers at other venues I performed in.

How your shows went in terms of audience numbers - solid numbers every show? Did it vary by day? Affected by weather?
Great audience numbers every night - some nights there were too many and people at the back couldn't see

Your show itself - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change
The show was a roaring success, return audience from night to night, great fun and the acts and the audience enjoyed themselves.

Buckets - we don't need accounts, but how were the donations to the buckets - bad, good, generous
Ok bucket, but not great compared to last year - lots of people enthused about the show but then put nothing in the bucket.

Technical set-up at the venue - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change
Mic set up was great. The room needs a spotlight (the chandelier was often very bright on the whole audience and obviously not directed). The seating was perfect with the 3 tiers and the back tiers being higher than the front.

Admin & Communication process (between Free Fringe, Captains, Venues and you) - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change
It worked, the staff seemed happy, the show went well. Early in the run the show prior to mine overran a little, but we quickly sorted that out. Everyone that I saw there was friendly and we got on well.

Any other learning points for anyone involved - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change
None I can think of. Generally the hard work paid off and it was successful.
alcowie

Return to Dragonfly