16.20 TWEETING BEAUTY

16.20 TWEETING BEAUTY

Postby Paul B Edwards » 05 Oct 2011, 18:45

- The venue - what sort of venue is it? Pub, Bar, Club, Restaurant... What sort of clientèle normally frequent this venue
Brilliant centrally located rock pub with some great comedy rooms

- The performance area - stage, separate room, open air?
Separate basement room with self-contained bar holds about fifty.

- The team of staff at the venue - did they assist the shows? Did the show get in the way of the normal business etc?
Staff were nothing short of amazing - really helpful and I liked them so much I even hung about with them for their own open-mic gig on Thursdays!

- How you advertised your show - Fringe brochure, flyering, posters, word of mouth etc
The brochure was incredibly successful for me. Flyering topped up the numbers but people were coming along in good numbers anyway.

- How your shows went in terms of audience numbers - solid numbers every show? Did it vary by day? Affected by weather?
Lowest crowd about twenty. Full to brimming at weekends. Average crowd probably about thirty.

- Your show itself - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change
Generally very happy with it eventually but should have done more previews. I will next year!

- Buckets - we don't need accounts, but how were the donations to the buckets - bad, good, generous
Good - averaged over a quid a head.

- Technical set-up at the venue - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change
Self contained existing music venue so all the tech I could possibly need.

- Admin & Communication process (between Free Fringe, Captains, Venues and you) - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change
Again - all good. Everyone very supportive of each other and very friendly.

- Any other learning points for anyone involved - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change
All I would say is that if you do a good show in Banshee Labyrinth, you will get audiences. If you flyer it hard you will get audiences. if you flyer a good show hard, you'll get great audiences. This is probably my favourite Edinburgh venue and I'd love to come back here next year and do the same room!
Paul B Edwards

Return to Banshee Labyrinth - Music Room