ComedyDublin at The Phoenix

Performer reviews of their venues/shows/experience in 2008

ComedyDublin at The Phoenix

Postby ComedyDublin » 14 Oct 2008, 14:44

My experiences as part of ComedyDublin were on the main positive and I would like to start by thanking Peter for having the belief to include us in the 2008 Free Fringe.

We liked the Phoenix as a venue and much kudos to Elise and to Rowan and all who set up, as we didn't arrive until midnight on Aug 1st. Elise thanks also for the contact list of all the comedians it proved invaluable.

The bar staff in the Phoenix were unfailingly lovely. The manager being an absolute gent.

Brett Matthews brilliant show before us garnered us extra audience members on more than one occasion and was a welcome addition to an already packed canon of comedy fun in The Phoenix. It’s a little off the beaten track of the Fringe route but a fine performance space nonetheless.

The PBH Brochure was done in a fantastic way and we were equally delighted to see our place in it.

The camaraderie of the artists taking part in the this year’s Festival was truly inspiring to a comedian who didn’t really know anyone in Edinburgh before she came over there and have now made some truly good friends.

Thanks Peter, as a Fringe virgin I/we were very happy ones at the end of it all and ComedyDublin had some of our best times in the last four and a half years in existence.

Thanks to all the comedians who came and performed with us (sometimes at very short notice) and helped to make our shows even better. I look forward to working with you all again.

Sorry it took so long to post (smacks myself on the wrist)

Much love to all who supported and worked hard. To our gang who came from Dublin and worked above and beyond the call of duty to ensure a great show for all, we couldn't have done it without you. Thanks too.

Margo Carr

http://www.comedydublin.com
ComedyDublin

Return to 2008