Top Joe's Oxford English Dictionary Bid Word Launch at 23.10

Top Joe's Oxford English Dictionary Bid Word Launch at 23.10

Postby Top_Joe » 08 Oct 2017, 13:17

VENUE & SPACE:
Very nice pub towards the end of High St / start of Canongate. Pub is downstairs on ground floor, performance space is upstairs. The staff were amazing here, really friendly and helpful and felt like a team effort from all performers and staff. Performance space holds about 40 comfortably but on busy nights could squeeze 55 in. Footfall was good and you could catch tourists returning home from for the evening. Sometimes a bit of a struggle with the 11pm time if just flyering, but got full rooms on days with guest spots.

HOW I ADVERTISED:
Flyering outside pub, WBB, Wee Blue App and guest spots.

AUDIENCE NUMBERS:
Lowest I think 10 and highest 55.

BUCKETS:
Lowest £16 and highest £150. Average £65.

TECH SET UP:
We had a PA, mic & backdrop provided by PBH, all that was needed. Che Burnley kindly lent me a projector and I had a white bed sheet which I'd fold out when needed.

ADMIN AND COMMUNICATION:
Paul B. Edwards was a great venue captain and saw him and Frank often in the bar. Whole team was great, all the performers chipping in with keeping the place tidy and getting it set up quickly.

IN GENERAL:
Loved performing here and would hope to return here next year. A slightly earlier time-slot would be great, but I could make it work with extra guest spots. Great pub with atmosphere, great staff & performers.
Top_Joe

Return to Waverley Bar