ABI ROBERTS: FAT GIRL DANCING 4.15 - SPEAKEASY

ABI ROBERTS: FAT GIRL DANCING 4.15 - SPEAKEASY

Postby abiroberts » 31 Aug 2017, 23:44

FAT GIRL DANCING - SPEAKEASY 4.15PM (1 HOUR)

This was my fourth year at the Voodoo Rooms and we had another fantastic run with my show FAT GIRL DANCING.

As usual, we are spoiled at this venue because the Voodoo Rooms Staff are excellent and it’s pretty much been a perfect run again. I really couldn’t ask for more! Our very sincere thanks to Brendan, Jonny, Zander, Madeleine, Nicholas and the crew who we’ve enjoyed working with immensely, as always.

This is one of the major points about working with the VR’s – the staff. They recognise you, know you and are always keen to say hello, ask about your show and solve any problems. Acts are REALLY made to feel welcome at the Voodoo Rooms, so thank you guys, it really makes a huge difference in a gruelling Fringe run!

Some points to note:

- VRs has superb venue staff and management. It is quite simply IMHO, the premier PBH Free Fringe venue. End of.

- It is a luxurious venue, with great food, great beers, wines and drinks and an added bonus….proper aircon and a new air filtration system which filters out room smells so the room is fresh for every new show. I dare say there is no other
Fringe Venue that has this!

- There is a well-stocked bar in the room with friendly and helpful staff

- Low stage/perfect stand-up room.

- Tech – the desk is very simple to use, as are the lights and sound systems. The venue staff were on hand to solve any minor issues that arose.

- Queue management was fantastic this year, mainly due to the work the venue staff did to keep everything on time and running smoothly. The staggered times helped also as did good show discipline from shows on there.

We had two flyerers (my niece and her mate) plus additional help on some days that were quiet. Our bucket and audiences were pretty good considering that we had major building works nearby and no activity in St Andrews Square. A great Fringe Festival was had! It has been a fantastic three weeks. As always, our thanks, love and appreciation go to PBH comrades, friends and colleagues, Rob Carter our VC, Luke Meredith and Paul B. Edwards.

Long live the bucket. VIVE LA FREE FRINGE!

See you all in 2018!

(I'm off to binge on Columbo).

x
abiroberts

Return to Voodoo Rooms