Av' A Butchers 8.15pm The Speakeasy

Av' A Butchers 8.15pm The Speakeasy

Postby Marianne Chase » 04 Dec 2017, 10:38

I felt extremely blessed to be performing in the Speakeasy. The room is beautiful! When I first thought of the concept of my show, Pat Butcher in the afterlife,it was a dream come true. This room is basically Pat's idea of Heaven!

It was my first time performing solo at the Free Fringe. I did the second half of the run from the 16th - 26th.

From the moment I arrived at The Voodoo Rooms it was a great experience. The staff where all extremely welcoming, helpful and professional. Helping with putting up my posters, delivery of flyers, storage, demonstration of use of the equipment and on top of that serving me drinks after the shows! Both the FF volunteers on the door and the Voodoo Rooms crew were kind and supportive.

The stage is a really good size. I had a big table of prop and two chairs on stage with me. The projector and use of it is a GODSEND! I used it a lot in my show and fortunately there was never any problems with it. Sound system is excellent along with the two mics. The whole room is a great size. I hope I can make more use of it if they'll have me back!

As it was my first appearance at the Free Fringe, I wasn't sure what to expect with the audience. I never had less then 12 people watching the show, probably max 30? There is a lot of audience involvement in the format and I was very lucky to have people that were game to be up on stage with me. I only had posters up in the venue and I flyer'd the surrounding area's (Princes Street, the Square behind) before show. It seems at 7-8ish lots of people are going to watch the Tatoo! They do not know what they are missing!

For me it was a very rewarding experience. I would like to say a big THANK YOU! to all of the people at the Free Fringe and The Voodoo Rooms.

Marianne Chase
Marianne Chase

Return to Voodoo Rooms