Worst Show on the Fringe (2.30pm)

Worst Show on the Fringe (2.30pm)

Postby TheManinTheBowlerHat » 14 Nov 2017, 17:49

Venue: Subway is a fairly large venue that is normally a nightclub on Cowgate.

Performance Space: A lovely room, there were about 70 seats plus you could fit about another 70 or so standing. There was a proper stage area and sightlines from most vantage points were very good.

Venue Staff: The staff were very good, friendly and helpful, however in previous years they had put the seating out at the start of each day

How you advertised your show: My show was in both the PBH programme and the Fringe programme. On top of this I had 25 posters around the city. I also had a flyerer outside the venue for the hour before my show started.

Audience Numbers: Audience numbers were very good all through my run. Smallest audience was approx 50, largest was around 150.

Show itself: The show went brilliantly well, this was the 5th year of it running and audience numbers were bigger than ever before.

Buckets: My buckets were good all the way through.

Technical set up: Sound and lighting were great. Massive thanks to Jollyboat for this.

Admin: Was slightly stressful due to the venue not putting the seats out themselves this year. Fortunately Jollyboat popped in everyday to help with the PA set up and the university shows came in every day to help with setting out the seats. Without them helping it would have been a nightmare.

Other Points: Room was lovely and cool. Lack of seats was a bit of a shame as I'd have rather had everyone sat down but it worked even with half the audience standing. We did have a poster on a barrier outside the venue but it would have been better to have been able to hang one from the front of the venue. There was a second level but I never used it.

Overview: I had a superb time here. I managed to get exceptional audiences in for my whole run, deliver good quality acts, get good laughs, collect a decent bucket. I'd go back there in a heartbeat.

Cheers,

Nigel Lovell
Worst Show on the Fringe
TheManinTheBowlerHat

Return to Subway