Fifty Grades of Shame by Sophia Blackwell

Fifty Grades of Shame by Sophia Blackwell

Postby Sophia Blackwell » 01 Sep 2017, 12:51

Hello all,

I performed my spoken word show ‘Fifty Grades of Shame’ in the Banqueting Hall at the Banshee Labyrinth. I was also a cast member (and one-time guest host) of Other Voices, and co-host of Hammer and Tongue. This was over a period of 8 days, from August 20th to August 27th.

I second the opinion of many of my spoken word contemporaries who recommend the Banshee Labyrinth as a place to perform. The staff is exceptional, dealing with tech issues with great patience. I have performed on and off at the Banshee Labyrinth for seven years and I have never found the staff to be anything other than amazing. They deserve all the praise they receive and more.

The Banqueting Hall is a great room which easily feels full but can seat larger crowds owing to the padded benches around the sides. The room has undergone a bit of a makeover since the early days- nothing major, but the chairs are newer and the sound system has vastly improved.

I am always happy to return to the Banshee, and any spoken word act to get a place at this friendly and central venue should count themselves lucky.

Sophia
Sophia Blackwell

Return to Banshee Labyrinth