The Full Irish 11:00

The Full Irish 11:00

Postby CHRIS O NEILL » 24 Feb 2017, 10:54

This was my third year at the Fringe and mine was a compilation show

The Venue
The truth is that Whistlebinkies was perfect for my show. It’s central and well known.

The team of staff at the venue.
The staff at Whistlebinkies as quite simply some of the nicest people I have ever met in my life. They performed close to miracles getting the room ready for opening at 10:45 after shutting at 05:00 (Yes).

Technical set-up at the venue.
The venue was perfect for stand-up and for simple musical comedy performed by some of the guests. The bar staff also teched the sound and light perfectly. Some later shows may have sound pollution from the pub when busy but I did not as it was generally empty when my show was running.

How you advertised your show
I flyered for about 45 mins from 10:10 to 10:55 and the Wee Blue Book. No paid ads and no entry in the big book so no folks from nearby now on the APP. Arising from my experience with my other show I will but The Full Irish in the big book in order to access the App as that does generate audience in particular when I will have very limited competition

How your shows went in terms of audience numbers
from a minimum of 25 to max of about 65.
The second half from about was a bit of a disappointment as my audiences were up to that point and then I had my smallest room in 3 years but that seems to have been a general problem.

Your show itself - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change?
Of the 24 shows I was completely happy with 23

Bucket.
This averaged around £2 a head. I covered my costs in ED2016 which I regarded as a total success

Admin & Communication process (between Free Fringe, Captains, Venues and you) - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change
All the acts seemed to be in tune with the venue. There were no drop outs or any other problems. The staff was excellent as I said above. All the folks involved in Camden Comedy which followed were supportive and easy to work with when it was necessary

If anyone has any questions re anything in connection with this venue that I have not covered then please do contact me on funnynaas@hotmail.com or message me on FB

I'd like to say a special thank you to the staff at Whistlebinkies for being such a real pleasure to work with as well as all the folks from PBHFF who made my fringe possible.
CHRIS O NEILL

Return to Whistlebinkies