Silk Middle - Attila the Stockbroker

Silk Middle - Attila the Stockbroker

Postby attilathestockbroker » 03 Sep 2016, 10:13

This was my first time at the Fringe for 20 years. I did it every year between 1982 and 96, always had a great time, but stopped when it got too corporate for my liking, there were lots of festivals to do :) It was PBH's Free Fringe (plus a Book Festival booking) which tempted me back and I had a great time at Silk. Middle floor was a great performance space for a performance poet with a loud voice and a DIY attitude who didn't need a mike. Bar running down side not a problem for me, but I did have to have a gentle word with a hen party who arrived during the show before.....Some audience needed to be 'grabbed' from downstairs before shows but most just used their nouse and found it (I was on my own) Staff helpful and friendly. Venue a bit 'out of the way' I guess, though this not a problem for me. I had good audiences over 6 days, min about 30, max rammed solid, over 100.
I did a token bit of flyering/postering but relied mainly on Fringe programme, LBB and above all social media. But then I've been earning my living as a poet for 35 years and have a following who will come to any venue basically. I know that some others found it a lot more difficult as regards audiences. I'd say a Fringe programme entry (which makes the show sound interesting!!!) is vital, however much flyering you do. And social media is vital too.
PBH, Matt, Kay, well done, you have rekindled my enthusiasm for the Edinburgh Fringe again...Thanks.
attilathestockbroker

Re: Silk Middle - Attila the Stockbroker

Postby fayroberts » 02 Apr 2017, 19:27

That's fantastic to hear, and we're looking forward to welcoming you back to The Fringe this year. :)

Fay
fayroberts

Return to Silk