transport of props to edinburgh

A chat area for performers and non-performers alike

transport of props to edinburgh

Postby tom bell » 09 Jul 2007, 12:30

here's another cost we might be able to help each other out with

i have lots more props than i can reasonably carry on a train but hiring a van on my own would be ridiculous

anyone driving up from london with some extra space they would swap for some cash?

or else, should we all pitch in to get one crazy free fringe van to get all our stuff up there? this is what the "big" companies do, but i daresay it's not cheap

or should i ditch the props?
tom bell

Postby Jeff i Hunt » 09 Jul 2007, 16:59

Tom
I'm supposed to be lending my CD player to the Free Fringe
but it's cumbersome to take on the plane.

(yes I know I'm flying, carbon footprints etc. Do you know how bad cow-farting is in comparison, do you?)
Jeff i Hunt

Postby Jez_S » 17 Jul 2007, 00:43

Hi, I'm driving up north (Durham/Newcastle) at the end of this week (thurs/fri). And then driving up to Edinburgh the following week, if you're still looking for someone to help transport your props then I probably can help.

The reason I'm driving up north is because im a student there and i'm dropping stuff off at my new flat. Its only a small car but I'm sure there'll be space enough. Also if anyone wants a lift up to durham/newcastle at the end of this week you are more than welcome!

Cheers, Jez

p.s. only slight problem might be that i live in kent not london, but im sure thats easily overcome!
Jez_S

props to Edinburgh...

Postby Iona » 17 Jul 2007, 11:23

Hi Tom I too have lots of props, im going to need to get a van to get them up there. Do you drive? if so we could hire one or the like? to get the props up there.

If not maybe someone else reading this who drives would like to share costs and travel up with props etc ?? tempting!

Get in touch with any developments, and il do the same. x
Iona Dudley-Ward
Iona

Postby Jeff i Hunt » 22 Jul 2007, 08:13

This is a disappointing thread
Jeff i Hunt

Postby tom bell » 25 Jul 2007, 15:23

sorry to have master-minded such a disappointing thread

i've found room in a friend's car now so all is well, if anyone else needs room for props i would recommend the mass text/e-mail out that i did, quite a few people drive up and seem keen to get a little petrol money

thanks for the responses and i'll see you all up there
tom bell

Return to Friends of the Fringe & Chit Chat