New webmaster, new forum

A chat area for performers and non-performers alike

New webmaster, new forum

Postby John Glennon » 08 Mar 2010, 09:52

Hello to all. I'm John Glennon and I've been looking after the back-end administration of the FreeFringeForum since last summer.

As you may have noticed, the forum has been ugraded to the latest version of phpBB. We've also had a re-think on the design, layout and categorisation so hopefully you can find what you need easily. We also have some major improvements in the background about to come online soon - online copy submission for your shows and also a fully featured online FreeFringe listings engine. Keep watching for these new facilities and instructions.

One minor downside of the upgrade was that if you use the Private Messaging features of the old forum, then your PM's will be out of date and will be only showing PM's up until early January. Apologies for this - this was due to a long testing and cut-over period. If you had any critical information in a PM on the old forum, please drop me a line and I can give you access to a backup of the old forum.

Apart from that, please enjoy the new forum.

I would also welcome ANY feedback or ideas for improvements, tweaks or changes.

Please respond to this post with any ideas or thoughts you have.

Cheers
John
John Glennon

Re: New webmaster, new forum

Postby John McGuinness » 20 Mar 2010, 18:18

Looks good John, thanks.
Keep Smiling!

John McGuinness
John McGuinness

Postby KEITH ANDERSON » 25 May 2010, 00:04

Hi John,

Just wondering why only some shows are named on the "PROGRAMME" section of the forum?
Some venues just have OMS etc.

Thanks,

K.
KEITH ANDERSON

Postby PBH » 25 May 2010, 14:58

The data there is test data, not live data. When everybody has supplied their programme data including their show titles, according to the instructions which will be sent to you, the data will then be live.
PBH
Site Admin

Postby KEITH ANDERSON » 25 May 2010, 15:40

Thank you Peter.
KEITH ANDERSON

Return to Friends of the Fringe & Chit Chat