Edinburgh bucket day?

A chat area for performers and non-performers alike

Edinburgh bucket day?

Postby Paul B Edwards » 13 Sep 2012, 01:54

While I'm on the subject of bright ideas, many shows do a lot better at Edinburgh than others, many have far bigger venues than others, many are higher-profile acts than others.

Perhaps one way to approach the brochure funding issue would be for everyone to give up one day's bucket into the pot. For some this would only be ten or twelve quid, but others (if they are to be believed) run into hundreds, daily. A single day could be established pre-Edinburgh and set maybe in the first week, then the resultant money raised could be offset against any brochure shortfall and collectively we could all have a lot less to pay per show via the levy. We would all feel the sting in one hit.

Venue captains could collect the money and deliver it to Canons Gait (or any other allotted venue) at the end of the night. It would be a good way for all the captains to get together towards the start of the festival and could also be quite a party! I'm sure a lot of people would want to show their face and brag about how much they had raised to boot.

No more brainwaves tonight, I promise...
Paul B Edwards

Return to Friends of the Fringe & Chit Chat