Equipment email

A chat area for performers and non-performers alike

Equipment email

Postby comedyandthat » 07 May 2007, 17:42

Hey, got the email about things needing done and equipment etc. Where do we bring things like mics, stands, cabling etc? Is it just to the venue?
Comedy and That presents Headlights

Free Fringe 2007 - Canonsgait Cellar

http://www.comedyandthat.co.uk
comedyandthat

Postby PBH » 08 May 2007, 00:13

Hello

We're all part of the same collective, whatever venue we're performing in. If you own mics, mic stands etc. then they're deployed wherever they're needed.

The bottom line is we need two each of mics, mic stands and CDs per venue. Two venues out of seven have everything. Two have nothing. The rest have PA but no mics.

It's always good to have spares at each venue.

Nobody should buy this stuff unless they were going to anyway for a different purpose.

Since you're based at Edinburgh University, any stuff you can borrow would be of great benefit, especially as it wouldn't have to be trucked to Edinburgh.

Discuss.

Peter
PBH
Site Admin

Postby Owen Niblock » 08 May 2007, 06:17

I have a mic and a mic-stand which I'll send up with the PA. It's a decent Sennheiser mic.

I might also have a small t-bar for a set of spot lights and some cheap spots (no switches/dimmers just straight into the plug socket) but I left that at my fiance's parents when we moved so I'll have to see if I can find it next time we go to Wales.

Owen
Niblock vs. Gig-A-Tron

The Project Begins.
Owen Niblock

Postby comedyandthat » 14 May 2007, 22:27

Well we're in the Canonsgait and have mic and mic stand. I'm sure we can try to wrangle some stuff from the uni tech department if you want to post a list of your most required stuff.
Comedy and That presents Headlights

Free Fringe 2007 - Canonsgait Cellar

http://www.comedyandthat.co.uk
comedyandthat

Postby Nick » 15 May 2007, 19:34

We're lunchtime at the Mercat, and should have a simple t-bar of lights - mainly spots, and a dimmer bank.... Any preferences on this being left up or take down after each performance?

How safe would the Mercat envorionment be for leaving this out?
Nick

Postby PBH » 20 May 2007, 14:10

The most desired equipment is mics, mic stands and lighting. Anything that can be borrowed legitimately from the University is welcome. CD players are also useful.

As to the lights at the Mercat: should be safe. The plan is to leave the venue rigged at all times and not to give public access outside the shows. There's only one way in to the performance space at the Mercat, so a thief would have to go down, carry the lights up a spiral stair and out, all under the eyes of the staff. The emergency exit is alarmed.

Last year, nothing disappeared. In fact, we've done well so far. In 2001 I had a backdrop stolen by the Argentine national rugby team after a private party in our space. I never liked rugby.
PBH
Site Admin

Re: Equipment email

Postby EdinburghRadio » 29 Sep 2011, 13:03

Hi there, Has anyone got an Avalible Mic styand that we could borrow ??
We are an edinburgh Online Radio station and are in need of a mic stand for a gig we have coming up. We can collect in the edinburghy area.

Email us at edinburghradio@live.co.uk
Thanks
DJ Malkie B
EdinburghRadio

Return to Friends of the Fringe & Chit Chat