Facebook

A chat area for performers and non-performers alike

Facebook

Postby Jez_S » 24 Jul 2007, 11:23

Hey guys,

I'm on Facebook and I just set up an event for my show 'Yes, Comedy' and I was wondering whether there was a Free Fringe group on Facebook, or whether there were other people on Facebook, and whether they had set up events for their shows?

We should add each other and then invite our friends to each others shows. I'm very new to the Free Fringe and am a bit worried about stating the obvious but it seems that there is a massive marketing potential that the Free Fringe hasn't tapped into yet.

Let me know what you think, my e-mail is: j.a.scharf@dur.ac.uk and my name is Jez Scharf if you want to search for me on Facebook.

Cheers!
Jez_S

Postby PBH » 24 Jul 2007, 23:37

I know nothing about Facebook; I know myspace, and that's probably enough for me (too many messages to deal with; too many friend requests to vet; too many bands with no interest in the Free Fringe just trying to rack up their mailing lists, and, most annoying of all, loud music starting several minutes before the stop button loads).

But if Facebook presents an opportunity, let's use it.

So, Jez, standard Free Fringe answer; if you think it ought to happen, make it happen. Set it up. And then everyone can benefit. Between now and Edinburgh, I have no time, especially not to learn another piece of software. So, let those who already can do it, do it. That's the co-operative at work.

Thanks in advance

PBH
PBH
Site Admin

Postby Jez_S » 25 Jul 2007, 15:25

Hey, I've now set up a Free Fringe specifc event on Facebook. So if your on Facebook don't forget to look it up and invite all your friends. I reckon we can advertise our shows on wall. Also if you let me know when you RSVP to it I can make you an admin to the event so that you can improve it!

Cheer,

Jez
Jez_S

Postby danny.worthington » 25 Jul 2007, 16:18

Hi I'd set up an event for my show and I also noticed that Brian Damage has set up a group for Pearshaped Afternoons. As for PBH - he might not be too familiar with Facebook but he does have a small fanbase there in the group "Peter Buckley Hill for Doctor Who"
danny.worthington

Postby PBH » 25 Jul 2007, 16:51

I am astounded by this information.

It is the part I was born to play, but still.....
PBH
Site Admin

Postby Nick » 26 Jul 2007, 15:12

I did a bit of plugging on the generic 'people going to the edinburgh fringe' for the free fringe...

our own group would be good.

i'm a facebook lad myself.
Nick

Postby danny.worthington » 28 Jul 2007, 08:10

I found about half a dozen 'edinburgh fringe' type groups and stuck a posting on each of their walls and the free fringe logo in their photo section
danny.worthington

Postby danny.worthington » 30 Jul 2007, 16:13

I have now set up a group PBH's FREE FRINGE. I have populated 'the Wall' with information from the calendar of this site and photos from the calendar entries. I'm afraid I got bored doing the posters/photos so at the moment they only relate to shows that are on before 6th August. At least it's something.
danny.worthington

Return to Friends of the Fringe & Chit Chat