22:00 - Bibs'n'Bobs Reloaded - Elliot Bibby

22:00 - Bibs'n'Bobs Reloaded - Elliot Bibby

Postby Elliot-Bibby » 17 Nov 2015, 17:14

The Venue
The Liquid Room Annexe is a great location, in the centre of Edinburgh. My show was in the Liquid Rooms Annexe, which had it's main entrance from Colgate. There was a lot of passing traffic here, as it's next to the busy Grassmarket area, and also the popular UnderBelly in Cowgate.

The Performance Area
The room held about 90 seated,and had space for about 30/35 standing at the back and edges. The stage is long and at one end of the room and there is a storage/dressing room area at the side which came in very useful to store props and get ready (this was a new addition this year.)
There is a narrow pillar in the middle of the room, but it wasn't a problem as I moved around stage, and people adjusted to see me.

The Staff At The Venue
The staff at Liquid Rooms are absolutely fantastic. They always ad a smile on their faces, and always helped out, and gave that little bit extra which wasn't expected of them. They took control at certain points and were guiding audiences into shows, and shouting that shows were about to start. Overall I couldn't of asked for better staff - I think you would be very hard pushed to find better!

How You Advertised Your Show
I had my show listed in the PBH Free Fringe brochure. For the second year in a row I decided against going into the main Fringe Brochure. Next year I am going to go into it though as I had people saying that they couldn't find me in it. As I a based in Edinburgh I put posters up around the area of my venue, a month before. I also had posters up in the venue. Word of mouth played a big part in it, with people telling their friends and also spreading it on social media. Twitter is massive at the Fringe. I used it a lot, and had written 4/5 tweets in July and set them to go out every day automatically promoting my show.

Audience Numbers
Seats were full just about every day. I think I had three days where it was only half full. There was a couple of shows that were so busy that people were people standing, sitting on the floor at the front, and actually standing in the corridor to watch as they couldn't get in.

The Show
I had worked hard on this show and the only things I added were a few ad libs that had worked from previous shows.

Buckets
They were good compared to last year. I noticed that my buckets remained consistent through-out the full run.

Tech
I just used a mini jack to plug my iPad in. I had employed a sound girl to operate my music and sound effects each night.

Admin & Communication Process
I was Venue Captain for The Annexe, so hopefully all my communication was good with all acts. I made sure everyone had what they needed as well as sorting problems that arose.

One thing that was an issue was that the corridor that ran from the entrance to the heated courtyard/other venues in Liquid Rooms was through one side of the room. This was sometimes distracting as people were loud coming and going, and would sometimes walk in by mistake. A curtain was put up to help this problem but the noise was still there. I know that this problem is already being rectified as for next year the exit/entrances are being changed and it will be a lot smoother.

Overall, I had a fantastic year, and a big thanks to PBH and The PBH Free Fringe!
Elliot-Bibby

Return to Liquid Room