VENUE REPORT: I SEE STUPID.

VENUE REPORT: I SEE STUPID.

Postby ABStrawn » 09 Sep 2015, 09:57

Having performed here last year I was looking forward to returning and seeing how the venue had changed and HOW it had changed!
Upstairs we have a new bar which looked amazing but did lead to a little confusion for folk trying to find shows as the doors facing the stairs going down were usually closed. This meant folk were walking straight into the liquor library by mistake.
Once downstairs, folk were then faced with slight confusion on how to find the show with an almost constant stream of folk coming up and down the stairs looking for the correct venue. This paired with the instruction to keep all fire doors closed meant you were constantly asking folk which show they were looking for and just hoping it was yours.
There was also a bar downstairs which wasn't always open and there was only one toilet which wasn't well sign posted either.
The room itself was fine with a small stage and backdrop which, for the audience size, was ideal. Sort out the bar, toilet, fire door issue, sign post rooms clearly and keep the doors upstairs open and it should be better next year.
ABStrawn

Return to George Next Door