Jay Handley: Free Comic Vol 2

Jay Handley: Free Comic Vol 2

Postby JayH » 16 Dec 2015, 13:51

Back in Dragonfly after a very successful run in 2014

Lovely little room with a nice warm atmosphere.

Amazingly excellent and helpful staff.

Location wise it is a little off the beaten track but is still on a fairly busy thouroughfare.

audience numbers were down on last year. This could have been a result of the shows going on in the area at the time or an overall effect of how busy the fringe was. I definitely felt that there was a lower ratio of "fringe goers" and maybe more normal people going about their days which meant flyering was not as effective. Regardless I still had a good number of full rooms and when I was playing to smaller crowds (10-15) the set up of the room meant they could be seated in a manner that still created a warm atmosphere.

Overall I was really pleased with how my show went. It was harder this year as it was new material written that year unlike my 2014 show which drew on material crafted over the previous 3 1/2 years on the circuit. I knew what I was getting myself into and wanted to use this run to work on material rather than arrive with something completely polished. After the first week I had really got to grips with the new stuff I was doing and the show came together really well.

Great experience!
JayH

Return to Dragonfly