COWGATEHEAD, UP2L, JO ROMERO SCENES OF A SENSUAL NATURE 12PM

COWGATEHEAD, UP2L, JO ROMERO SCENES OF A SENSUAL NATURE 12PM

Postby 1JoRomero » 18 Sep 2015, 00:19

Free Fringe / Freestival
My first time doing PBH Free Fringe.
I was originally booked with Freestival and my spot was going to be in the basement and they would make a ‘basic’ theater space as I had a play.
On the confusion between who owned what, I applied to PBH as I already had invested so much in the show. Everyone that I came across that was part of the PBH Free Fringe was very helpful and supportive and even the odd disagreement was sorted out in an adult fashion. Frank was brilliant a really nice chap and very helpful. Mine was the first show of the day 12pm midday. I found that I had to get into the venue at least 45mins before I would flyer at 10am to clean up the last shows that were using the level. Glasses, cans, rubbish and a pile of sick. I stopped doing it after a week and a half as I kept asking and commenting in emails FB if whoever was out last could make sure it was tidy, but it just didn’t happen. It was depressing towards the end and I couldn’t wait to be out of the building.

Room Up 2 L
The crew / builders on site were absolutely brilliant and I can’t praise or thank them enough for all their help making UP 2 L a very basic theater space with a wing, it was invaluable. There was an issue with things being broken and not replaced. Sometimes I just didn't have enough time to get to the appropriate shop to get what was needed before my show. I found that really stressful and again basic communication would have made it run smoother.

Venue
Great central venue, I wasn’t happy with how it looked in the first week – it didn’t look like a venue. Rubbish was an issue. Toilets were always filthy.
Some people that had been flyered, came in and walked right out again. No noise bleed or it was minimal.

Slot/Audience
My slot was 12pm midday which i liked doing. I managed to get good audience; however I was paying out £50 a day to flyers and also flyering myself.

Bucket
My bucket averaged at £100 each day and I paid £50 to flyers and £10 to tech and £10 to stage manager.

Flyering
A good time to flyer is early as the punters were not swamped with millions of other flyers.
1JoRomero

Return to Cowgatehead