Show / Venue Report- Clare Plested: The Essential Collection

Show / Venue Report- Clare Plested: The Essential Collection

Postby CPlested » 17 Sep 2015, 07:30

This was my first year with the Free Fringe and I couldn't have been happier with the venue at Ciao Roma. A massive thank you to Franco and his staff who were welcoming and very helpful. I had props and costumes to reset each morning and they were happy for me to come in early and set up.

My slot was at 17.50 - and on the whole I had good audience numbers. I found flyering outside the venue useful as it's a busy road and you could direct people straight to the restaurant.

There is no lighting at the venue but I brought a very basic light and stand to shine on the space to create a more 'theatrical' effect - I was doing character comedy so this suited me well and I think some of the other acts used it too. It was also useful being able to leave props and costumes in a suitcase at the back of the room throughout the run.

The only slight issue was sight lines - when it was a busy show audiences at the back sometimes struggled to see - so I had to adapt some routines to fit the space but this worked ok - just good to know for the future.

All in all it's a great space in a good location and they do prosecco by the glass.
CPlested

Return to Ciao Roma