gerry howell - downstairs 2

gerry howell - downstairs 2

Postby gerryhowell » 03 Sep 2015, 20:45

I did a full run in the second room, I struggled for numbers in the first week, my fault as I wasn't in the brochure. Numbers picked up when I got my show on the Fringe App.
You don't have to be in the main Fringe Brochure but it really helps.
Bucket varied; 20-30 quid during the week. About 100 quid on weekends.

Overall a great venue, good location, very helpful and friendly staff. every day they had people standing outside with info about the shows on. This makes up for the lack of signage. I'm sure I lost audience going into the wrong room a few times. 5 minutes before my show was starting I was running around the venue shepherding people into my room.

There is sound bleeding through the duvet that acts as a door to the room, but if you get BIG laughs throughout your show, this shouldn't be a problem.

Good tech facilities. Sound desk next to the stage area so I could do my own tech.

Adrian did an excellent job as venue captain, drew up a rota for the chairs and everyone stuck to it. You have to put out and take away the chairs in this room everyday but it's not a lot of work if everyone does their bit.

Overall a very positive experience, and I'd be more than happy to return in 2016.

Well done Cab Vol, well done Free Fringe.
gerryhowell

Return to Cabaret Voltaire