South Ciders and Cerys Nelmes Pick and Mix 22:45

South Ciders and Cerys Nelmes Pick and Mix 22:45

Postby cerys78 » 01 Nov 2014, 00:31

Southsider is a lovely venue, and all the staff are genuinely nice, friendly and helpful.

The room is not that big but, as stated before, seats about 30-35 people. Lighting needs work, we didn't use the spotlight bought as it tended to just add to the heat of the room!
Room can get very hot at times, especially if the show is at capacity so this is something that the pub are looking into for next year.

We had a late night spot, which coincided with the Quiz on one night, and live music on another night. There was nothing we could do to stop the noise coming from the pub and this was difficult to deal with. Also actually getting people into the room on those nights also proved very hard work. Some nights we had a full house but normally, at our show time, the audience numbers would be between 10-20. The bucket collections were always of a good standard.

The pub is in a good location and is very well known as a venue, which helps.

I was venue captain and the landlady would go out of her way to help us if we had any problems.

I would recommend the Southsider to any show and I would be pleased to go back there next year!
cerys78

Return to Southsider