Over The Influence - Shane Hughes

Over The Influence - Shane Hughes

Postby ShaneHughes » 16 Nov 2014, 18:54

Hi Guys,

There was an initial mix up a few days before I flew over from Ireland for my show. The venue was double booked for the first week so I was moved to another venue for the first week. With my posters and flyers already printed I had to amend hundreds of them which was a pain but not the end of the world. When I started at the Serenity Cafe the team could not have been more welcoming or friendly. I met some of the nicest people in there and they all made me feel at home straight away. The venue itself is huge with great lighting.... after a few tweaks it was perfect for my show. I had a lot of shows that did not go ahead due to no audience which was disheartening to say the least. This was mainly down to the location of the venue and the time slot I had, after a couple of days I knew it was going to be tough. 8.20pm was too late for people to walk down to as afterwards it meant walking back up the hill ( canongate ). The shows the went ahead were great and I got generous donations. I got a great name for myself with performances around the city and that is how I got the majority of my audience. I did over 60 gigs in 3 weeks. Next year in a more central venue between 3pm and 7pm I will most definitely do better again.

Kind Regards,

Shane Hughes
ShaneHughes

Return to Serenity Cafe