15.15 18-22nd August - Getting Better Acquainted

15.15 18-22nd August - Getting Better Acquainted

Postby Dave Pickering » 01 Sep 2014, 15:02

I hosted my conversation podcast in this venue for 5 days. The venue was ideal for what I was using it for in many ways. Audience numbers varied due to guest/day but with a short run which you can't afford to do much publicity for of a show that online is listened to by a larger audience than pretty much any fringe audience I wasn't personally too worried about numbers. I did seem a hard location to get walk in audiences into but that may just be that seeing someone in conversation is a hard thing to pitch to a walk in crowd.

The venue staff were pleasingly droll and let me get on with things which was fine with me.

The venue has no amplification but is a really nice room. The backdrop needed to be packed away after my show as I was the last PBH show in the room which was no problem at all.

It was a real joy to be able to hold this series of conversations at the Royal Oak. Recording them was one of my personal highlights of the fringe. They can all be heard here: https://soundcloud.com/gettingbetteracq ... ringe-2014
Dave Pickering

Return to Royal Oak