Settle Down! 12.45-13.45 Angie Belcher

Settle Down! 12.45-13.45 Angie Belcher

Postby AngieB1 » 04 Sep 2014, 10:48

I had a great run at Electric Circus Lizard Lounge, healthy buckets everyday and big audiences. I think this is because There not much competition from other venues on Market street, so punters aren't overwhelmed with people flyering and therefore more likely to stop and talk about the show. Also there's not lots of other shows happening at the same time in the venue, ( just me and The Tubespotting folk who were lovely to me and even did a "If you think your here to see poetry, you need to go to the Lizard Lounge next door" announcement before their shows. This could have been a problem without their co-operation as you had to walk through their main space to get to The Lizard Lounge) Tallah Brash who runs the Venue was really friendly and helpful ( I even found her hoovering my stage prior to my show starting several times, now that's dedication). I dropped a card and some choccies off for her and the team at the end of the run. The space its self is gorgeous, it had lovely big chesterfield style sofas and warm red decoration which gave it a sexy feel. I didn't know whether to do my set of go straight to fivers in gussets. Would love this venue again. The gig had a full house 3 times (out of a run of 5) so I'd say this is was successful. I'll put some pics up soon.
AngieB1

Return to Electric Circus