14.35 - Tom Toal in Prequel

14.35 - Tom Toal in Prequel

Postby TomToal » 07 Dec 2014, 15:36

THE VENUE
Is in a perfect location for the fringe, in-between the royal mile and cow gate. It is a lovely cafe in the day serving excellent pizzas and nightclub at night.

THE PERFORMANCE AREA (in room 1)
Stage was great, sometimes some noise bleed from room 2. But the biggest advantage is that despite being a room in Edinburgh it was not blisteringly hot, almost perfect temperature. You could squeeze 100+ in if arranged chairs in certain way.

THE STAFF AT THE VENUE
Were fully behind us, felt they were great.

I ADVERTISED MY SHOW
By listing it in the Fringe Brochure, and the little blue book which works really well. The free fringe seemed to have a real presence amongst punters show schedules this year. I used a flyer for hour and half before showtime and flyered myself.
I also paid for PR, i had some really good reviews.

AUDIENCE NUMBERS.
Fantastic, weekends were ridiculous, my lowest number was about 50-60, always had a decent crowd.

BUCKETS
Great Buckets, i made on this fringe, had a bucket speech written into the show, and think pointing out how much better value the free fringe is really helps. But think majority of audiences are aware of the donation element at the end of free shows.

TECHNICAL SET-UP AT THE VENUE was very good. Mics and back ups were available and able to play out music from iPod.

ADMIN & COMMUNICATION BETWEEN FREE FRINGE, CAPTAINS & VENUES I know we had a rota for chairs and did my days but was aware that some people weren't doing there days. Agree that one captain for whole venue would work much better and be more efficient.
TomToal

Return to Cabaret Voltaire