Myra DuBois: Service With A Sneer 00.00

Myra DuBois: Service With A Sneer 00.00

Postby garethjoyner » 18 Dec 2013, 14:58

Apologies that this is so woefully late.

We had a fantastic experience at the Voodoo Rooms. Midnight slot felt like a slight challenge but the ambiance of the venue, it's late licence and in-room bar all helped us in getting the show going. Alot of repeat custom and great audience feedback, many of whom had been to a free fringe show at the venue earlier in the day so cross show promoting was certainly effective.

We were in the Speakeasy which suited our show down to the ground, and we were often at capacity. I think in total there where five nights across the fringe when we weren't full and it was often standing room only. We were thrilled with this at a midnight show.

Excellent communication and relationship with the show prior to ours, 'Magic Fare Away Cabaret' who gave our show a shout out each night and helped when I was down a techie. Thanks guys! Also enjoyed cross promotion of shows when the Lipsyncers arrived mid-Fringe in the adjoining room 'the French Quarter'.

My second year at the Voodoo Rooms having done a paid fringe show in the same venue in 2012 and I had a much more positive fringe experience with the Free Fringe.

Could praise the Voodoo Rooms or free fringe enough. Thanks guys!
garethjoyner

Return to Voodoo Rooms