14.05 Short and Swede

14.05 Short and Swede

Postby Leon Clifford » 17 Sep 2013, 14:48

- The venue - a pub with a regular pub crowd. It was fairly quiet at 14.05.

- The performance area - a small back room in a pub with seating for about 30. There was a curtain separating the room from the rest of the pub, which meant there was some noise leaking in from the rest of the pub, but not loads with the show being on in the early afternoon.

- The team of staff at the venue - The staff at the Southsider were always very friendly. They didn't mind me going up and down the cellar with the projector screen and they cleared away glasses in between shows. I couldn't have asked for more.

- How you advertised your show - flyering (mostly around Bristo Square), PBH programme. Not in the main programme.

- How your shows went in terms of audience numbers - quiet during the week, busier at weekends. I think the show would have benefited from being in the main programme.

- Your show itself - the show involved showing films and a slideshow, which worked well in a small venue on an afternoon.

- Buckets - The showed received very good individual donations.

- Technical set-up at the venue - The show was tech heavy. I used the PA, my own projector and laptop and Richard Gadd kindly let me use his projector screen. It took quite a bit of energy and time to set-up and pack away, but all worked well every day with no technical problems.

- Admin & Communication process - The Venue Captain (Richard) was excellent and sent out some good details and photos of the venue before any of us arrived, which was just I what I needed as I was a bit concerned about the technical aspect of the show. He was very approachable and helpful.

- Any other learning points for anyone involved - the space is limited, so might not be suitable for some sketch groups. Some of the shows made their own makeshift door, which is probably needed for later on in the day when the pub gets noisier.
Leon Clifford

Return to Southsider