Hammer and Tongue - Rosy Carrick

Hammer and Tongue - Rosy Carrick

Postby Rosy Carrick » 11 Oct 2013, 14:55

The venue - what sort of venue is it?

Large pub with three separate performance spaces. We were in the Banqueting Hall, which has a capacity of about 40.

- The team of staff at the venue

The staff were really friendly and fun - they were great to be around.

- How you advertised your show - Fringe brochure, flyering, posters, word of mouth etc

Brochure, word of mouth, social networking, flyering before the events

- How your shows went in terms of audience numbers - solid numbers every show? Did it vary by day? Affected by weather?

I only did 3 consecutive days, and on every day we had a good audience. The first night was packed, with some people standing at the back - prob around 45 in total; on the others there were somewhere between 25 and 35 people.

- Your show itself - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change

After the first night I realised we needed intro music to make things jolly as people were coming in. Beyond that, they went really well. People turned up to do the slam every night and the atmosphere was good.

- Buckets - we don't need accounts, but how were the donations to the buckets - bad, good, generous

Got progressively smaller! First night around £45; then £20-something; then £14-ish. (But my co-host lost the bucket on the last night so was collecting into his shirt pocket, which probably didn't help!)

- Technical set-up at the venue - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change

Tech set up was fine - our needs were v basic. Clearer signage to the different performance spaces would have been useful though - it's difficult for people to know where to go for the shows.

- Admin & Communication process (between Free Fringe, Captains, Venues and you) - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change

All good.

- Any other learning points for anyone involved - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change

All good - it was a really fun experience and I would definitely like to do it again!
Rosy Carrick

Return to Banshee Labyrinth