Arrest That Poet!

Arrest That Poet!

Postby dannychivers » 10 Oct 2013, 11:15

- The venue
Really great, atmospheric space

- The performance area - stage, separate room, open air?
Banqueting Hall, gothic underground dungeon :)

- The team of staff at the venue - did they assist the shows? Did the show get in the way of the normal business etc?

Really great staff. My show was a one-off rather than a full run so I only met them briefly, but everyone was really friendly and helpful.

- How you advertised your show - Fringe brochure, flyering, posters, word of mouth etc
Free Fringe Brochure, flyers and posters. Some leafleting on the streets, some targeted leafleting outside similar shows.

- How your shows went in terms of audience numbers - solid numbers every show? Did it vary by day? Affected by weather?
My one show in the Banshee had a decent turnout - more than half full, which isn't bad for a newbie doing a three-show run (here and in the Fiddlers Elbow) with no reviews and only a couple of days to promote it! So I was happy.

- Your show itself - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change

I learned loads over my three performances and the show really tightened up. By the end I had a much better idea of what worked and what didn't, and the audience were laughing and/or going quiet in all the right bits.

- Buckets - we don't need accounts, but how were the donations to the buckets - bad, good, generous

Over the three shows, I covered my travel and printing costs, which was lovely.

- Technical set-up at the venue - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change

Everything worked fine, nice set-up.

- Admin & Communication process (between Free Fringe, Captains, Venues and you) - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change

All fine. I only did the one show at the Banshee so there wasn't much communication required!

- Any other learning points for anyone involved - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change

All good.
dannychivers

Return to Banshee Labyrinth