00:45 Fat Penguin Late Show (Chamber Room)

00:45 Fat Penguin Late Show (Chamber Room)

Postby JayH » 04 Oct 2013, 14:50

- The venue
Awesome alt rocker/spooky dungeon filled pub.

- The performance area - stage, separate room, open air?
Chamber Room. A separate basement room with fantastic professional sound/light rig. 50 capacity.

- The team of staff at the venue - did they assist the shows? Did the show get in the way of the normal business etc?

Wonderful staff. Dave the manager was really helpful with everything.

- How you advertised your show - Fringe brochure, flyering, posters, word of mouth etc
Free Fringe Brochure and a flyer.
30-45 minutes of shouting outside the venue before showtime.
Intermittent pre-show laps of the venue (which is big and very busy) with flyers. I tried to make sure that everyone in and around the venue at the time of the show knew that the show was happening.

- How your shows went in terms of audience numbers - solid numbers every show? Did it vary by day? Affected by weather?

Full every night.

- Your show itself - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change

This was my favourite show and it was a shame that it was only on for 10 days during the festival. I had some brilliant acts perform and the late night crowds were a real treat to play to. We got away with some absolute filth :) Wouldn't change a thing.

- Buckets - we don't need accounts, but how were the donations to the buckets - bad, good, generous

Decent enough. The late night nature of the show meant they werent as good as shows I ran earlier in the day but I was happy. Better on Sundays and Thursdays (there were no shows on Fri/Sat) .

- Technical set-up at the venue - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change

Perfect sound rig, huge Allen&Heath mixer and good lights. All I would say is that due to it being a pro rig it isnt as easy to work out as a simple amp+mic set up. Worth taking the time to familiarise yourself with it in advance of your show.

- Admin & Communication process (between Free Fringe, Captains, Venues and you) - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change

All fine. Venue Cap very helpful.

- Any other learning points for anyone involved - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change

All good.
JayH

Return to Banshee Labyrinth