12.50 Monkey Poet's Love hurts Actually

12.50 Monkey Poet's Love hurts Actually

Postby Matt Panesh » 16 Sep 2013, 16:43

The venue - Thrash metal bar usually, in august turned into fringe venue paradise.

- The performance area - chamber room. downstairs seperate area. Narrow and long stage area, say 4ft deep, 12ft across. approx 50 seats

- The team of staff at the venue - the banshee staff are unparallelled in their help and general support/excellence.

- How you advertised your show - Fringe brochure, flyering. Though I started doing an hour of flyering before each show shortly before the end of the first week this dwindled to 20 mins. word of mouth and flyering for my later show brought people in, as well as the free fringe guide. the staff also recommended my show to punters, bringing friends also. handy tip - after each show i counted up my take to the nearest fiver and tipped the rest to the staff.

- How your shows went in terms of audience numbers - show numbers varied. I had one sell out. the rest went from 9-25 with an average of 10-15

- Your show itself - the show worked very well as I was aware of the space having played there previously.

- Buckets - donations were good, averaging 3 quid pp. though i will say overall, compared to last year the whole vibe of the festival was really up, BUT compared to the buckets i received in the same venue four years ago when i started, there has been a inexorable slide downwards re-revenue which i put down to the fact that people are skinter.

- Technical set-up at the venue - venue has own pa/mics etc which the staff set up and strike each day. tech set up great. audio inputs at either front of the stage or back

- Admin & Communication process (between Free Fringe, Captains, Venues and you) - no probs

- Any other learning points for anyone involved - A big map of the venue would be nice outside. it is after all a labyrinth :D
Matt Panesh

Return to Banshee Labyrinth