9pm Max Dickins-Dear Ray

9pm Max Dickins-Dear Ray

Postby MaxDickins » 12 Sep 2013, 15:38

- Venue: Great pub that is generally free from "lads" and the female equivalent.
- The performance area: Chamber Room. Nice stage, good tech, great shape and size so you can really build an atmosphere. Only issue is probably heat, it does get pretty sweaty in there. But that is true of most fringe venues! I considered myself very privileged to have the opportunity in that room.
- The team of staff at the venue - Always very helpful and very lovely.
- How you advertised your show - Fringe brochure, flyering, posters, word of mouth. I did a couple of hours flyering a day.
- How your shows went in terms of audience numbers - I was full almost every night, a few slower ones. Never less than 30.
- Your show itself - It went really well. It was my second solo show, and it was better than the first. Kate Copstick gave me a lovely 4 star review from the first night which helped get bodies in the door.
- Buckets - I had a good fringe bucket wise. If people like something they do cough up in my experience.
- Technical set-up at the venue - excellent. Occasional mic problems but the staff always managed to fix it just in time. Can I just say that our venue captain was excellent too.
- Admin & Communication process - venue captain did a great job. PBH and the gang were superb as always.
- Any other learning points for anyone involved - none: well done team!
MaxDickins

Return to Banshee Labyrinth