22:50 Slot Eddie Naessens

22:50 Slot Eddie Naessens

Postby Eddie Naessens » 05 Nov 2012, 21:12

- The venue - what sort of venue is it? Pub, Bar, Club, Restaurant... What sort of clientèle normally frequent this venue

Italian restaurant, very good food and great gelato. The staff and the owner/manager are excellent. The location is busy and very much on the beaten track.

- The performance area - stage, separate room, open air?

This is a good room. A little on the long side. If doing a solo show it might work better to get more seats around performance point.

- The team of staff at the venue - did they assist the shows? Did the show get in the way of the normal business etc?

Excellent, couldn't ask for better.

- How you advertised your show - Fringe brochure, flyering, posters, word of mouth etc

Main and free brochure, ad in Chortle, flyers, and a limited number of posters that I used just at venue.

- How your shows went in terms of audience numbers - solid numbers every show? Did it vary by day? Affected by weather?

Weekends were generally good but Mon - Wed were a struggle. Being on at 2250 was a struggle given that it wasn't a particularly late-night type of show.

- Your show itself - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change

Some nights it worked well. Saturdays were tougher. It was not ideally pitched for the more boozed up time slot. For sure it got good number on the weekend but time slot was a mismatch perhaps.

- Buckets - we don't need accounts, but how were the donations to the buckets - bad, good, generous

About £1.50 per head.

- Technical set-up at the venue - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change

Some technical problems with mixing board but got sorted. Sound does leak into the venue from the house PA. This could be looked at for next time.

- Admin & Communication process (between Free Fringe, Captains, Venues and you) - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change

Good team captain in Kate Smurthwaite. Good communications. On the final night I brought some equipment back to Canons' Gait as I wasn't availalbe the following day for the venue breakdown. Unfortunately, that left Kate to work on her own as the other naughty people didn't show in to help. I pray they will eventually be forgiven.

- Any other learning points for anyone involved - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change

There are tiles on the floor. One show on a few occasions left the floor wet. This was far from ideal.
Eddie Naessens

Return to Ciao Roma