5pm 9/11

5pm 9/11

Postby andrewjlederer » 11 Sep 2011, 19:15

The venue - what sort of venue is it? Pub, Bar, Club, Restaurant... What sort of clientèle normally frequent this venue
It's a little, neighborhood bar on a major tourist strip. Locals and tourists coexist.

The performance area - stage, separate room, open air?
Small room above a pub by way of the bathrooms.

The team of staff at the venue - did they assist the shows? Did the show get in the way of the normal business etc?
They didn't assist with shows but they were friendly and supportive. Lovely people.

How you advertised your show - Fringe brochure, flyering, posters, word of mouth etc
I was in the Free Fringe brochure. And there was some good word of mouth/online buzz.

How your shows went in terms of audience numbers - solid numbers every show? Did it vary by day? Affected by weather
Reasonable numbers almost every day. They simply came. They knew what show they were seeing, that it was about 9/11. There was no problem with confused punters wanting "jokes."

Your show itself - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change
The show works. I was astonished. Only one bad show out of 22 and one that faded toward the end from the heat and from my weariness.

Buckets - we don't need accounts, but how were the donations to the buckets - bad, good, generous
People were kind. Some days i did VERY well.

Technical set-up at the venue - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change
When the mike worked, I sometimes used it. That was the extent of my relationship to any tech.

Admin & Communication process (between Free Fringe, Captains, Venues and you) - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change
I'm sure whoever the venue captain was was tremendous. Oh, wait -- I think maybe I did meet him once, or one of his minions. Decorating the room with our flyers. Which was a good thing.

Any other learning points for anyone involved - what worked, what didn't work, what needs to change
It's too hot with the back curtain closed. That's my only complaint (it that's even what it is). It's a little room, no amenities, and I like it that way.
andrewjlederer

Return to Royal Mile Tavern