Dr. Brown Behaves (The Globe Bar)

Performer reviews of their venues/shows/experience in 2009

Dr. Brown Behaves (The Globe Bar)

Postby Dr. Brown » 07 Sep 2009, 02:01

The Globe Bar was great in that they accomodated us after the flooding in Nicol Edwards - this is obvious. They were also really nice to us and over-all everything went really smoothly - staff were cooperative and the place was good for audience and stage space. The one real problem was noise - there was always a background noise of the bar - being only separated by a curtain and two meters from the bar. On busier bar nights, this was distracting, other less busy times, this was less distracting. But perhaps my show operates more on silence than most, so I'm not so sure it was this distracting for other shows. The microphone and speakers were fine, and the lighting was sufficient. Aside from the problem of the noise, the venue was good although I look forward to the re-opening of Nicol Edwards next year. Hope this suffices...
Cheers, Phil (Dr. Brown)
Dr. Brown

Re: Dr. Brown Behaves (The Globe Bar)

Postby Dr. Brown » 07 Sep 2009, 02:08

Also - One other problem was that they would not allow us to store anything there. Luckily, I was also doing a show at the Rowan caves, down the street, and could store things there.
Dr. Brown

Return to 2009