Show report - With Arms Outstretched @ The Grape

Performer reviews of their venues/shows/experience in 2009

Show report - With Arms Outstretched @ The Grape

Postby paulrichards » 05 Sep 2009, 10:53

Now in my 4th year at the Fringe, this was my first year with PBH. I confess to being a little sceptical at how it could work - in this somewhat selfish world dominated by finances I was a little unsure how the whole 'completely free' set-up would work, as much as it was already proven from previous years. Any doubts were removed though during the run, which to be honest ran smoother than any of the previous shows I have produced. From a practical point of view there was no having to deal with confusion with inept box offices, and from a human being point of view the ethics of putting on a free show just felt right - theatre deserves to be seen by people and not everybody has the money to see it. The Grape was an unconventional space for theatre and the external noise was at times concerning, but the willingness to co-operate from the venue's staff and other free fringers was superb and I felt unusually comfortable every day with the way things were run. PBH deserves the award, and accolades, without him many of us couldn't have put on a show this year. Although I was only there for week 1, I have nothing but happy memories of the Edinburgh Fringe 09, thanks for everything - really appreciate it.

Paul
paulrichards

Return to 2009